Keep Your Overdraft Protection: Opt-In
If you’re an Elsewhere Bank customer, your personal checking and money market accounts automatically come with overdraft coverage for checks, recurring debit card payments, and bill payments. For ATM withdrawals and everyday debit card transactions, you may want additional coverage.
What you need to know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdrafts practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as Savings Overdraft Protection and EB Overdraft Protection which may be less expensive than our standard practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We DO authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We DO NOT authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
- ATM Transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we DO NOT GUARANTEE that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
- If we DO NOT authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Elsewhere Bank pays my overdraft?
- Under our standard overdraft practices:We will charge you a fee up to $25.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- Also, if your account is overdrawn for 5 consecutive business days, we will charge an additional $5.00 per day.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Elsewhere Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions you may call us at 1-800-555-9000, complete the form available below and present it at any of our branches, or mail the form to us at the address below.
How to Opt-In
- By telephone: Call toll free 1-800-555-9000
- In person: Visit your local branch
- By mail: Complete this PDF form and mail to the address below
100 Main St
Elsewhere, CA 99000